Magento Developer Builds With Akeneo PIM
A third-generation industrial supply company, Richmond Supply employs Magento Developer to build industrial supply online store. When combined with Akeneo PIM, staff can manage complex marketing, technical, and product enrichment tasks.
Richmond Supply needed to upgrade from a static site to a data-driven site which offered online sales. Primarily a wholesale industrial supplier, they wanted to take advantage of the increasing trend toward online purchases. But how to deploy a complex set of price rules for over 65,000 products is a challenge.
Akeneo PIM To The Rescue
So, what is a PIM? And, why does Richmond Supply of Augusta Georgia need one? Simply put, PIM stands for Product Information Management. A PIM provides a centralized repository and intuitive user interface for product enrichment, marketing, and Multichannel Ecommerce. As selling online quickly becomes more complex, a PIM organizes all its complexities under one roof. With the fine support of Akeneo Developers StrikeTru, we’ve simplified the tasks of marketing large online catalogs.
Magento Pros And Cons
Obviously, there are Pros and Cons with any E-commerce platform. For all of its powerful features, Magento can be a monster. For example, its administration can be daunting at times. And it lacks some important features like the ability (out-of-box) to easily import a large number of products. Here are some facts about the most popular e-commerce platform:
- Flexibility – In its most basic form, Magento has the ability to manage your catalog and fulfill orders like a true professional.
- Product Pricing – Another core feature is special customer pricing. And, the ability to accommodate many different pricing schemes.
- Multi-store – For example, Magento supports multi-languages, different store views, and separate stores for different audiences.
- Different Store Views – What’s more, you can change the display of products’ appearances for better user experience based on category.
- Powerful Cart – Extremely useful are Comparisons, Related Products, Up-Selling, Cross-Selling, and Wish Lists.
- Order Processing – For instance, fulfillment is made easier due to Magento’s many partnerships for shipping, tracking, order status, and credit card processing.
- Resource Intensive – First and foremost is that it’s resource-hungry. “Feed Me Seymour” is an appropriate metaphor as to its ravenous consumption of memory, processor, and space. You have to have the right server stack and adequate Web hosting.
- Specific Skill Set – Reliable, skilled Magento developers come with a price. Because it’s a complex platform that requires a specific set of skills.
To summarise, Magento is worth the expense if you have the right Magento Developer. Especially if you have a large online catalog of several hundred products or more. And if you intend on growing your product line you will definitely need the scalability that it offers. Lastly, when coupled with Akeneo or other PIM you will be ready to increase SKU counts and data quality dramatically, and reach markets that you never imagined.