Responsive Website Design For Estuarine Research Reserve
Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve needed a responsive website design which needed to fulfill many needs:
- Content Management System offering a collaborative way to for different staff members to provide various content.
- Document Delivery System which was simple, searchable, and whose documents could be crawled and indexed by search engines.
- Two Distinct Organizations – One Interface would be needed for complementary efforts (brands) maintained under one administrative interface.
- Responsive Website Design allowing the new site to be viewed on many different devices, screen sizes, platforms, and orientation.
WordPress – The Perfect Content Management System
WordPress was chosen for many reasons. As a content Mangement System, it offers contributors, editors, and administrators a simplified interface to contribute content. Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve, like many of today’s government agencies, employ many For that reason and many others why it was the logical choice for this organization of scientists, researchers, and educators. Here are some additional benefits of this popular Web publishing platform:
- Free – Open Source Web Publishing Platform which allows for programmers to customize and distribute code.
- Extensibility – To prepare for future growth, WordPress offers the ability to add limitless capabilities without a complete re-engineering.
- Clean Code – Most customers don’t know (or care), though having a properly coded Web application prevents expensive fixes later.
- Simple Interface – A simple interface results in a shorter learning curve. Your employees spent less time trying to understand how to implement basic tasks.